The main goal of our laboratory is to understand the molecular mechanisms of cardiac muscle dynamics in normal and diseased states. Particularly, our interests focus on the relationships between thin filament activation and crossbridge kinetics, and how the mechanotransduction signaling transmits to myofilament activation. We use multiple techniques, molecular, cellular, biochemistry, structural and biophysical, to obtain information on the fundamental regulatory mechanisms of cardiac muscle contraction.
- University of Cincinnati - (Cincinnati, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1994
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1989
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1983
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1980
- Chakraborty, S., Zawieja, D. C., Davis, M. J., & Muthuchamy, M. (2015). MicroRNA signature of inflamed lymphatic endothelium and role of miR-9 in lymphangiogenesis and inflammation. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY-CELL PHYSIOLOGY. 309(10), c680-c692.
- Tong, C. W., Wu, X., Liu, Y., Rosas, P. C., Sadayappan, S., Hudmon, A., ... Moss, R. L. (2015). Phosphoregulation of Cardiac Inotropy via Myosin Binding Protein-C During Increased Pacing Frequency or beta(1)-Adrenergic Stimulation. Circ Heart Fail. 8(3), 595-604.
- Chakraborty, S., Davis, M. J., & Muthuchamy, M. (2015). Emerging trends in the pathophysiology of lymphatic contractile function. SEMINARS IN CELL & DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY. 38, 55-66.
- Al-Kofahi, M., Becker, F., Gavins, F., Woolard, M. D., Tsunoda, I., Wang, Y., ... Alexander, J. S. (2015). IL-1 reduces tonic contraction of mesenteric lymphatic muscle cells, with the involvement of cycloxygenase-2 and prostaglandin E-2. Br J Pharmacol. 172(16), 4038-4051.
- Dougherty, P. J., Nepiyushchikh, Z. V., Chakraborty, S., Wang, W., Davis, M. J., Zawieja, D. C., & Muthuchamy, M. (2014). PKC activation increases Ca2+ sensitivity of permeabilized lymphatic muscle via myosin light chain 20 phosphorylation-dependent and -independent mechanisms. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY-HEART AND CIRCULATORY PHYSIOLOGY. 306(5), h674-h683.