Smith, Patricia individual record
Professor and Associate Department Head
- Associate Professor, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering
- Associate Professor, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
Hydrologic modeling, particularly land use and land cover effects on hydrologic processes at different temporal and spatial scales. Development of TMDLs for bacterial impairment of streams.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 2000
- M.S. in Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 1996
- Tu, M., Smith, P., & Filippi, A. M. (2018). Hybrid forward-selection method-based water-quality estimation via combining Landsat TM, ETM+, and OLI/TIRS images and ancillary environmental data. PLoS ONE. 13(7), e0201255-e0201255.
- Harmel, R. D., Pampell, R., Gentry, T., Smith, D. R., Hajda, C., Wagner, K., ... Higgs, K. D. (2018). Vegetated treatment area (VTAs) efficiencies for E. coli and nutrient removal on small-scale swine operations. INTERNATIONAL SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION RESEARCH. 6(2), 153-164.
- Tu, M., & Smith, P. (2018). Modeling Pollutant Buildup and Washoff Parameters for SWMM Based on Land Use in a Semiarid Urban Watershed. WATER AIR AND SOIL POLLUTION. 229(4), 121.
- Omani, N., Srinivasan, R., Smith, P. K., & Karthikeyan, R. (2017). Glacier mass balance simulation using SWAT distributed snow algorithm. HYDROLOGICAL SCIENCES JOURNAL-JOURNAL DES SCIENCES HYDROLOGIQUES. 62(4), 546-560.
- Omani, N., Srinivasan, R., Karthikeyan, R., & Smith, P. (2017). Hydrological Modeling of Highly Glacierized Basins (Andes, Alps, and Central Asia). Water (Switzerland). 9(2), 111-111.
- Omani, N., Srinivasan, R., Karthikeyan, R., & Smith, P. K. (2015). Impacts of climate change on the glacier melt runoff from five river basins. 82-85.
- Kyna E McKee, .., R Karthikeyan, .., & Patricia K Smith, .. (2010). Watershed Protection Plan in Rural Texas Watersheds Using Spatial Tools. 304-311.
- Dong, L., Migliaccio, K. W., Harmel, R. D., & Smith, P. K. (2009). MATLAB tool for calculating and plotting goodness-of-fit indicators considering measurement uncertainty and/or model uncertainty. 5, 3175-3180.
- Harmel, R. D., Smith, D. R., King, K. W., Slade, R. M., & Smith, P. (2008). Data uncertainty estimation tool for Hydrology and Water Quality (DUET-H/WQ): Estimating measurement uncertainty for monitoring and modelling applications. 1, 574-583.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Borel, Kyna Ellen McKee (2019-08). Estimating Associated Human Health Risk from Recreational Exposures in Fresh Water Bodies Impacted by Multiple Fecal Sources. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Huang, Haiyan (2016-12). Improving Regression Analysis to Predict Aquatic Life Potential in the Streams of Austin, Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Karimov, Askarali Khuramovich (2016-12). Water Availability Modeling to Support Water Management in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Higgs, Kori Denise (2015-05). Vegetated Treatment Area Effectiveness at Reducing Nutrient Runoff from Small Swine Operations in Central Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Shannak, Sa'D A (2014-05). Modeling the Effects of Low Impact Development Practices on Streams at the Watershed Scale. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Biological & Agricultural Engineering; 2117 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2117