Dr. Nasr-El-Din has been instrumental in developing new courses on oilfield chemistry, formation damage, and well stimulation. He has contributed to the establishment of state-of-the-art labs on EOR and well treatments. He has supervised nearly 30 graduate students and several postdoctoral students at Texas A&M University and abroad. He has initiated several new research projects dealing with acid fracturing, VES technology, formation damage, EOR, corrosion, drilling fluids, and cementing, and he has presented lectures/courses and consulted on these topics throughout the world. Dr. Nasr-El-Din has also worked on several research proposals for major oil companies, service companies and chemical companies in the US and abroad.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1984
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Cairo University - (Giza, Egypt) 1977
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Cairo University - (Giza, Egypt) 1973
- Ali, M. T., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. (2019). A Robust Model To Simulate Dolomite-Matrix Acidizing. SPE Production & Operations. 34(1), 109-129.
- Almubarak, T., AlKhaldi, M., Ng, J. H., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. (2019). Design and Application of High-Temperature Raw-Seawater-Based Fracturing Fluids. SPE Journal. 24(4), 1929-1946.
- Sokhanvarian, K., Nasr-El-Din, H. A., & Harper, T. L. (2019). Effect of Ligand Type Attached to Zirconium-Based Crosslinkers and the Effect of a New Dual Crosslinker on the Properties of Crosslinked Carboxymethylhydroxypropylguar. SPE Journal. 24(4), 1741-1756.
- Ibrahim, A. F., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. (2019). Effect of well shut-in after fracturing operations on near wellbore permeability. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 181, 106213-106213.
- Kudrashou, V. Y., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. (2019). Formation Damage Associated With Mineral Alteration and Formation of Swelling Clays Caused by Steam Injection in Sandpacks. SPE RESERVOIR EVALUATION & ENGINEERING.
- Jaeger, P. T., Alotaibi, M. B., & Nasr-El-Din, H. A. (2012). High-Pressure Application in Enhanced Crude Oil Recovery. Industrial High Pressure Applications: Processes, Equipment and Safety. (pp. 145-168). Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Ali, Mahmoud Taha (2019-08). Modeling of Wormhole Propagation in Dolomite Reservoirs. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al-Aboosi, Fadhil Yousuf Mohammed (2019-08). An Integrated Approach to Water-Energy Nexus with Multiple Energy Sources. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sarmah, Abhishek (2018-12). Development of a Novel Cationic Polymer-Based In-Situ Gelled Acid System That Improves Acid Diversion in a Heterogenous Carbonate Reservoir. (Master's Thesis)
- Najem, Faisal Tammam (2018-12). Impact of Nanoparticle Shape on VES Performance for High Temperature Applications. (Master's Thesis)
- Hanafy, Ahmed Mohamed (2018-12). Investigation of Acidizing Technologies in High-Temperature Applications for Sandstone and Limestone Formations. (Doctoral Dissertation)