Yan, Wei individual record
- Professor, Architecture, School of Architecture
Dr. Wei Yan, Professor of Architecture and holder of the Mattia Flabiano III AIA/Page Southerland Design Professorship at Texas A&M University, with interests in the fields of Design Computation and Building Science, specifically Building Information Modeling, Parametric Modeling, Performance Simulation, Visualization, and Optimization.
education and training
- Yoo, W., Clayton, M. J., & Yan, W. (2023). ESMUST: EnergyPlus-driven surrogate model for urban surface temperature prediction. BUILDING AND ENVIRONMENT. 229, 109935-109935.
- Yan, W. (2022). Augmented reality instructions for construction toys enabled by accurate model registration and realistic object/hand occlusions.. Virtual Real. 26(2), 465-478.
- Mohammadgholibeyki, N., Nazari, F., Venkatraj, V., Koliou, M., Yan, W., Dixit, M., & Sideris, P. (2021). A decision-making framework for life-cycle energy and seismic loss assessment of buildings. STRUCTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING. 19(7), 875-889.
- Yousif, S., & Yan, W. (2021). Application and evaluation of a K-Medoids-based shape clustering method for an articulated design space. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN AND ENGINEERING. 8(3), 935-948.
- Venkatraj, V., Dixit, M. K., Yan, W., & Lavy, S. (2020). Evaluating the impact of operating energy reduction measures on embodied energy. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. 226(Buildings 9 1 2019), 110340-110340.
- Shaghaghian, Z., Burte, H., Song, D., & Yan, W. (2022). Learning Geometric Transformations for Parametric Design: An Augmented Reality (AR)-Powered Approach. Computer-Aided Architectural Design. Design Imperatives: The Future is Now. 515-527. Springer Nature.
- Shaghaghian, Z., Burte, H., Song, D., & Yan, W. (2022). Learning Spatial Transformations and their Math Representations through Embodied Learning in Augmented Reality. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. Novel Technological Environments. 112-128. Springer Nature.
- Shaghaghian, Z., Burte, H., Song, D., & Yan, W. (2022). Design and Evaluation of an Augmented Reality App for Learning Spatial Transformations and their Mathematical Representations. 2022 IEEE CONFERENCE ON VIRTUAL REALITY AND 3D USER INTERFACES ABSTRACTS AND WORKSHOPS (VRW 2022), 2022 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW). 00, 599-600.
- Shahsavari, F., Hart, J. D., & Yan, W. (2022). Risk Assessment for Performance Driven Building Design with BIM-Based Parametric Methods. COMPUTER-AIDED ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: DESIGN IMPERATIVES: THE FUTURE IS NOW. 1465, 456-472.
- Hou, D., Yan, W., Liu, G., & Li, X. (2020). A Multi-Stage Framework for Building Energy Optimization: Key Factors and Prototypes. PROCEEDINGS OF BUILDING SIMULATION 2019: 16TH CONFERENCE OF IBPSA, Proceedings of Building Simulation 2019: 16th Conference of IBPSA. 16, 2941-2950.
- Hou, D., Yan, W., Liu, G., & Han, Z. (2020). Embedding Sensitivity Analysis into PSO for Building Energy Optimization. PROCEEDINGS OF BUILDING SIMULATION 2019: 16TH CONFERENCE OF IBPSA, Proceedings of Building Simulation 2019: 16th Conference of IBPSA. 16, 2918-2924.
- Ashour, Z., & Yan, W. (2020). BIM-Powered Augmented Reality for Advancing Human-Building Interaction. ECAADE 2020: ANTHROPOLOGIC - ARCHITECTURE AND FABRICATION IN THE COGNITIVE AGE, VOL 1. 169-178.
Repository Documents / Preprints1
- Al-Qattan, E., Beltrn, L., & Yan, W. (2017). Hybrid workstations: Establishing interactive and responsive user-interfaces for daylight applications.
in the news
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- ARCH653 Bldg Info Modeling Arch Instructor
- ARCH655 Parametric Modeling Design Instructor
- ARCH669 Foundations Of Research Instructor
- ARCH681 Seminar Instructor
- ARCH685 Directed Studies Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Shahsavari, Fatemeh (2021-08). Integrating Probabilistic Methods into BIM and Parametric Modeling for Performance-Driven Building Design and Risk Assessment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tuzun Canadinc, Seda (2019-08). Web-Based Parametric Modeling for Architectural Design and Optimization: Case Studies. (Master's Thesis)
- Yousif, Shermeen Ahmed Yousif (2019-08). A K-Medoids-Based Shape Clustering Method and Its Applications in Generative Design and Optimization Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al-Qattan, Emad Khaled (2019-05). A Framework Using Tangible Interaction for Automatically Capturing and Embedding Design Intent in Parametric Models. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wu, Chengde (2017-12). A SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE FOR THE INTEGRATION OF SMOKE PROPAGATION SIMULATION, EVACUATION SIMULATION, AND BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Architecture; 3137 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3137