My research focuses on ameliorating the triple curses of NONLINEARITY, DIMENSIONALITY and UNCERTAINTY in estimation and control problems, with applications to Mobile Robotics, Morphing Aircraft and Distributed Parameter Systems.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2004
- B.T. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1997
- Yu, D., Chakravorty, S., & IEEE, .. (2016). A Computationally Optimal Randomized Proper Orthogonal Decomposition Technique. 2014 American Control Conference. 2016-July, 3310-3315.
- Abusultan, M., Chakravorty, S., Khatri, S. P., & IEEE, .. (2016). A GPU-based Implementation of a Sensor Tasking Methodology. 1398-1405.
- Faber, W., Chakravorty, S., & Hussein, I. I. (2016). A RANDOMIZED SAMPLING BASED APPROACH TO MULTI-OBJECT TRACKING WITH COMPARISON TO HOMHT. Advances in the Astronautical Sciences. 156, 4241-4258.
- Raihan, D., & Chakravorty, S. (2016). A UKF-PF BASED HYBRID ESTIMATION SCHEME FOR SPACE OBJECT TRACKING. Advances in the Astronautical Sciences. 156, 4221-4239.
- Rafieisakhaei, M., Tamjidi, A., Chakravorty, S., & Kumar, P. R. (2016). Feedback Motion Planning Under Non-Gaussian Uncertainty and Non-Convex State Constraints**This material is based upon work partially supported by AFOSR Contract No. FA9550-13-1-0008 the U.S. Army Research Office under Contract No. W911NF-15-1-0279 and the NSF under Contract Nos. CNS-1302182 and Science & Technology Center Grant CCF-0939370.. 2014 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION (ICRA). 2016-June, 4238-4244.
- I-Corps: Accurate GPS-free Navigation and Localization awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2018
- RI: Small: Sampling Based Feedback Motion Planners awarded by National Science Foundation 2012 - 2016
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Faber, Weston Ryan (2018-05). Multiple Space Object Tracking Using A Randomized Hypothesis Generation Technique. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Agarwal, Saurav (2018-05). Planning, Estimation and Control for Mobile Robot Localization with Application to Long-Term Autonomy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yu, Dan (2016-12). State Estimation of Spatio-Temporal Phenomena. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Aghamohammadi, Aliakbar (2014-05). Feedback-based Information Roadmap (FIRM): Graph-based Estimation and Control of Robotic Systems Under Uncertainty. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sajjanshetty, Kiran (2012-08). Disturbance Model Identification and Model Free Synthesis of Controllers for Multivariable Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Aerospace Engineering; 3141 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3141