Vulnerable road user safety; roadway safety culture; linguistics and semantics in road safety; driver cognition and attention; transportation planning; traffic safety and crash reduction; design for sustainable transportation; partial/conditional autonomous technology and driver behavior;.
- Ph.D. in Urban Studies, Portland State University - (Portland, Oregon, United States) 2017
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of California, Davis - (Davis, California, United States) 2005
- B.S. in Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara - (Santa Barbara, California, United States) 2002
- Goddard, T., McDonald, A. D., Alambeigi, H., Kim, A. J., & Anderson, B. A. (2020). Unsafe bicyclist overtaking behavior in a simulated driving task: The role of implicit and explicit attitudes. Accident Analysis & Prevention. 144, 105595-105595.
- Goddard, T., Ralph, K., Thigpen, C. G., & Iacobucci, E. (2019). Does news coverage of traffic crashes affect perceived blame and preferred solutions? Evidence from an experiment. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives. 3, 100073-100073.
- Ralph, K., Iacobucci, E., Thigpen, C. G., & Goddard, T. (2019). Editorial Patterns in Bicyclist and Pedestrian Crash Reporting. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2673(2), 663-671.
- Singleton, P. A., & Goddard, T. (2016). Cycling by Choice or Necessity?: Exploring the Gender Gap in Bicycling in Oregon. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2598(1), 110-118.
- Goddard, T., Kahn, K. B., & Adkins, A. (2015). Racial bias in driver yielding behavior at crosswalks. Transportation Research Part F Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. 33, 1-6.
- Goddard, T. (2016). Theorizing bicycle justice using social psychology Examining the intersection of mode and race with the conceptual model of roadway interactions. Golub, A., Hoffmann, M. L., Lugo, A. E., & Sandoval, G. F. (Eds.), Bicycle Justice and Urban Transformation: Biking for all?. (pp. 100-113). Routledge.