Dr. Bazzi's research interests focus on metathesis chemistry as a powerful tool in small molecule and polymer synthesis, in addition to polymer-supported catalysis, DNA-mimetic polymers, and fluorous analogs of ruthenium based catalysts.
education and training
- Hlil, A., Balogh, J., Tuba, R., Al-Hashimi, M., & Bazzi, H. S. (2017). New achievement toward greener BIAN-NHC ruthenium complex. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 253,
- Balogh, J., Hlil, A., Rafique, M., Tuba, R., Al-Hashimi, M., & Bazzi, H. S. (2017). Pd-PEPPSI pre-catalysts bearing PIB-support: Synthesis, characterization and applicability in Buchwald-Hartwig type amination. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 253,
- Khamatnurova, T. V., Johnson, M., Santana, D., Bazzi, H. S., & Bergbreiter, D. E. (2014). Designing Phase Selectively Soluble Polymer-Supports for Dimethylaminopyridine and Phosphine-Ligated Pd(0) Catalysts. Topics in Catalysis. 57(17-20), 1438-1444.
- Balogh, J., Bazzi, H. S., & Gladysz, J. A. (2014). New fluorous ruthenium metathesis pre-catalysts: Synthesis and their employment in phase-transfer activation. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Su, H., Balogh, J., Gladysz, J. A., Seapy, D. G., & Bazzi, H. S. (2014). Preparing perfluoroalkyl substituted arenes via the Heck reaction. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
in the news
- Texas A&M at Qatar develops protective shield for student desks in Qatar's schools The Peninsula Qatar October 10, 2020
- Researchers at Tamuq addressing Covid-19 challenges in Qatar Gulf Times May 1, 2020
- Qatar prepares to be first Arab host for American Chemical Society regional conference Gulf Times March 2, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Qatar Campus; 4251 TAMUQ
College Station, TX 77843-4251