Dr. Bazzi's research interests focus on metathesis chemistry as a powerful tool in small molecule and polymer synthesis, in addition to polymer-supported catalysis, DNA-mimetic polymers, and fluorous analogs of ruthenium based catalysts.
education and training
- Sankaran, N. B., Rys, A. Z., Nassif, R., Nayak, M. K., Metera, K., Chen, B., Bazzi, H. S., & Sleiman, H. F. (2010). Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymers for Biodetection and Signal Amplification: Synthesis and Self-Assembly. MACROMOLECULES. 43(13), 5530-5537.
- Fakhro, A., Bazzi, H. S., Mostafa, A., & Shahada, L. (2010). Spectroscopic characterization and thermal structural analysis of the charge-transfer complexes formed in the reaction of 1-methylpiperazine with σ- and π-acceptors. Journal of Molecular Structure. 973(1-3), 9-17.
- Fakhroo, A. A., Bazzi, H. S., Mostafa, A., & Shahada, L. (2010). Synthesis, spectroscopic and thermal structural investigations of the charge-transfer complexes formed in the reaction of 1-methylpiperidine with σ- and π-acceptors. Spectrochimica Acta Part A Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 75(1), 134-141.
- Chance, B. S., Mostafa, A., Nair, A., Hongfa, C., & Bazzi, H. S. (2009). Charge‐transfer piperazine‐containing polymeric systems via ring‐opening metathesis polymerization. Journal of Polymer Science Part A Polymer Chemistry. 47(19), 5034-5043.
- Mostafa, A., & Bazzi, H. S. (2009). Synthesis and spectroscopic studies of the charge transfer complexes of 2- and 3-aminopyridine. Spectrochimica Acta Part A Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 74(1), 180-187.
- Hlil, A., Balogh, J., Tuba, R., Al-Hashimi, M., & Bazzi, H. S. (2017). New achievement toward greener BIAN-NHC ruthenium complex. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 253,
- Balogh, J., Hlil, A., Rafique, M., Tuba, R., Al-Hashimi, M., & Bazzi, H. S. (2017). Pd-PEPPSI pre-catalysts bearing PIB-support: Synthesis, characterization and applicability in Buchwald-Hartwig type amination. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 253,
- Balogh, J., Bazzi, H. S., & Gladysz, J. A. (2014). New fluorous ruthenium metathesis pre-catalysts: Synthesis and their employment in phase-transfer activation. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Su, H., Balogh, J., Gladysz, J. A., Seapy, D. G., & Bazzi, H. S. (2014). Preparing perfluoroalkyl substituted arenes via the Heck reaction. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Seyam, A. M., Johnson, B. A., Desanker, M., Jin, D., Bazzi, H. S., Chung, Y., ... Marks, T. J. (2014). Synthesis and characterization of trimeric silver(I) 3,5-dimethyl-4-n-amylpyrazolate complex and its implication in tribology. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
in the news
- Texas A&M at Qatar develops protective shield for student desks in Qatar's schools The Peninsula Qatar October 10, 2020
- Researchers at Tamuq addressing Covid-19 challenges in Qatar Gulf Times May 1, 2020
- Qatar prepares to be first Arab host for American Chemical Society regional conference Gulf Times March 2, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Qatar Campus; 4251 TAMUQ
College Station, TX 77843-4251