Musser, Jeffrey individual record
- Clinical Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Dairy production medicine, mastitis prevention and control, and quality milk production; pharmacokinetics in exotic and food animals and drug residue prevention; vaccine investigation; viral diseases of sheep, goats, and birds.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 2000
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Biology, Frostburg State University - (Frostburg, Maryland, United States) 1984
- Musser, J., Taylor, C. A., Guo, J., Tizard, I. R., & Walker, J. W. (2008). Development of a contagious ecthyma vaccine for goats.. American journal of veterinary research. 69(10), 1366-1370.
- Musser, J. (2004). A practitioner's primer on foot-and-mouth disease.. JAVMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION. 224(8), 1261-1268.
- Musser, J., Anderson, K. L., & Boison, J. O. (2002). Comparison of microbial growth inhibition screening assays with high-pressure liquid chromatography for detection of experimentally incurred penicillin G residues in calves.. Veterinary therapeutics : research in applied veterinary medicine. 3(2), 136-143.
- Boison, J. O., Souster, K., Drury, C., Musser, J. B., & Anderson, K. L. (2001). An HPLC method for the determination of penicillin G residues in veal calf liver tissues. JOURNAL OF LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY & RELATED TECHNOLOGIES. 24(6), 881-892.
- Musser, J. M., & Anderson, K. L. (2001). Bioavailability and disposition of sodium and procaine penicillin G (benzylpenicillin) administered orally with milk to calves.. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY AND THERAPEUTICS. 24(3), 161-169.
awards and honors
Texas A&M University; Vet Med Pathobiology; 4467 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4467