Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Newburn, D. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2012). An Ex Post Evaluation of Ohio’s Great Miami Water Quality Trading Program1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 48(1), 156-169.
- Griffin, W. L., & Woodward, R. T. (2011). Determining policy-efficient management strategies in fisheries using data envelopment analysis (DEA). MARINE POLICY. 35(4), 496-507.
- Woodward, R. T. (2011). Double-dipping in environmental markets. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT. 61(2), 153-169.
- Freeman, M. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2010). Sequential License Buyback Auctions: An Experimental Analysis. MARINE RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 25(4), 355-372.
- Blackman, A., & Woodward, R. T. (2010). User financing in a national payments for environmental services program: Costa Rican hydropower. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 69(8), 1626-1638.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Zilverberg, Cody John (2007-05). Agriculture, technology, and conflict. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hwa Nyeon (2003-05). Transferable rights in a recreational fishery: an application to the red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)