Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Woodward, R. T., Gillig, D., Griffin, W. L., & Ozuna, T. (2001). The Welfare Impacts of Unanticipated Trip Limitations in Travel Cost Models. LAND ECONOMICS. 77(3), 327-338.
- Woodward, R. T., & Wui, Y. (2001). The economic value of wetland services: a meta-analysis. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 37(2), 257-270.
- Woodward, R. T., Nordhaus, W. D., & Kokkelenberg, E. C. (2000). Nature's Numbers: Expanding the National Economic Accounts to Include the Environment. LAND ECONOMICS. 76(3), 486-490.
- Woodward, R. T. (2000). Sustainability as Intergenerational Fairness: Efficiency, Uncertainty, and Numerical Methods. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 82(3), 581-593.
- WOODWARD, R. T., & BISHOP, R. C. (1999). OPTIMAL‐SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF MULTI‐SPECIES FISHERIES: LESSONS FROM A PREDATOR‐PREY MODEL. NATURAL RESOURCE MODELING. 12(3), 355-377.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)