Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Baker, J., Shaw, W. D., Riddel, M., & Woodward, R. T. (2009). Changes in subjective risks of hurricanes as time passes: analysis of a sample of Katrina evacuees. Journal of Risk Research. 12(1), 59-74.
- Baker, J., Shaw, W. D., Bell, D., Brody, S., Riddel, M., Woodward, R. T., & Neilson, W. (2009). Explaining Subjective Risks of Hurricanes and the Role of Risks in Intended Moving and Location Choice Models. Natural Hazards Review. 10(3), 102-112.
- Moeltner, K., & Woodward, R. (2009). Meta-functional benefit transfer for wetland valuation: Making the most of small samples. ENVIRONMENTAL & RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 42(1), 89-108.
- Nguyen, T. N., & Woodward, R. T. (2009). NutrientNet: An Internet-Based Approach to Teaching Market-Based Policy for Environmental Management. Journal of Economic Education. 40(1), 38-54.
- Woodward, R. T., & Shaw, W. D. (2008). Allocating resources in an uncertain world: Water management and endangered species. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 90(3), 593-605.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. (2002). The structure and practice of water quality trading markets. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)