Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Binder, K. E., Mjelde, J. W., & Woodward, R. T. (2016). Price interaction in state-level renewable energy credit trading programs. Electricity Journal. 29(4), 15-21.
- Huang, P., Woodward, R. T., Wilberg, M. J., & Tomberlin, D. (2015). Management Evaluation for the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Fishery: An Integrated Bioeconomic Approach. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 35(2), 216-228.
- Colin-Castillo, S., & Woodward, R. (2015). Measuring the potential for self-governance: An approach for the management of the common-pool resources. International Journal of the Commons. 9(1), 281-305.
- Woodward, R. T., Stronza, A., Shapiro‐Garza, E., & Fitzgerald, L. A. (2014). Market‐based conservation: Aligning static theory with dynamic systems. NATURAL RESOURCES FORUM. 38(4), 235-247.
- Woodward, R. T., & Tomberlin, D. (2014). Practical Precautionary Resource Management Using Robust Optimization. Environmental Management. 54(4), 828-839.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Zilverberg, Cody John (2007-05). Agriculture, technology, and conflict. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hwa Nyeon (2003-05). Transferable rights in a recreational fishery: an application to the red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)