Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Baker, J., Shaw, W. D., Bell, D., Brody, S., Riddel, M., Woodward, R. T., & Neilson, W. (2009). Explaining Subjective Risks of Hurricanes and the Role of Risks in Intended Moving and Location Choice Models. Natural Hazards Review. 10(3), 102-112.
- Moeltner, K., & Woodward, R. (2009). Meta-Functional Benefit Transfer for Wetland Valuation: Making the Most of Small Samples. ENVIRONMENTAL & RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 42(1), 89-108.
- Nguyen, T. N., & Woodward, R. T. (2009). NutrientNet: An Internet-Based Approach to Teaching Market-Based Policy for Environmental Management. The Journal of Economic Education. 40(1), 38-54.
- Woodward, R. T., & Shaw, W. D. (2008). Allocating Resources in an Uncertain World: Water Management and Endangered Species. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 90(3), 593-605.
- Shaw, W. D., & Woodward, R. T. (2008). Why environmental and resource economists should care about non-expected utility models. Resource and Energy Economics. 30(1), 66-89.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Feng, Siyi (2012-05). Three Essays On Agricultural and Forestry Offsets In Climate Change Mitigation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Colin Castillo, Sergio (2011-12). Measuring the Potential to Adopt Self Governance for the Management of a Common Pool Resource. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mamula, Aaron T. (2009-05). License Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: An Application to the Shrimp Fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Han, Man Seung (2008-05). Environmentally related water trading, transfers and environmental flows: welfare, water demand and flows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nguyen, To Ngoc (2008-05). Essays on econometric modeling of subjective perceptions of risks in environment and human health. (Doctoral Dissertation)