Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Woodward, R. T., Newburn, D. A., & Mezzatesta, M. (2016). Additionality and reverse crowding out for pollution offsets in water quality trading. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 128, 224-231.
- Binder, K. E., Mjelde, J. W., & Woodward, R. T. (2016). Price interaction in state-level renewable energy credit trading programs. Electricity Journal. 29(4), 15-21.
- Huang, P., Woodward, R. T., Wilberg, M. J., & Tomberlin, D. (2015). Management Evaluation for the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Fishery: An Integrated Bioeconomic Approach. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 35(2), 216-228.
- Colin-Castillo, S., & Woodward, R. (2015). Measuring the potential for self-governance: An approach for the management of the common-pool resources. International Journal of the Commons. 9(1), 281-305.
- Woodward, R. T., Stronza, A., Shapiro‐Garza, E., & Fitzgerald, L. A. (2014). Market‐based conservation: Aligning static theory with dynamic systems. NATURAL RESOURCES FORUM. 38(4), 235-247.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Feng, Siyi (2012-05). Three Essays On Agricultural and Forestry Offsets In Climate Change Mitigation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Colin Castillo, Sergio (2011-12). Measuring the Potential to Adopt Self Governance for the Management of a Common Pool Resource. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mamula, Aaron T. (2009-05). License Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: An Application to the Shrimp Fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Han, Man Seung (2008-05). Environmentally related water trading, transfers and environmental flows: welfare, water demand and flows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nguyen, To Ngoc (2008-05). Essays on econometric modeling of subjective perceptions of risks in environment and human health. (Doctoral Dissertation)