Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Fujiwara, M., Backstrom, J. D., & Woodward, R. T. (2018). A coupled recreational anglers' decision and fish population dynamics model. PLoS ONE. 13(10), e0206537-e0206537.
- Landon, A. C., Woodward, R. T., Kyle, G. T., & Kaiser, R. A. (2018). Evaluating the efficacy of an information-based residential outdoor water conservation program. Journal of Cleaner Production. 195, 56-65.
- Hua, C., Woodward, R. T., & You, L. (2017). An Ex-Post Evaluation of Agricultural Extension Programs for Reducing Fertilizer Input in Shaanxi, China. SUSTAINABILITY. 9(4), 566-566.
- Gorrod, E. J., Childs, P., Keith, D. A., Bowen, S., Pennay, M., O’Kelly, T., ... McCormack, C. (2017). Can ecological thinning deliver conservation outcomes in high-density river red gum forests? Establishing an adaptive management experiment. Pacific Conservation Biology. 23(3), 262-276.
- Woodward, R. T., Newburn, D. A., & Mezzatesta, M. (2016). Additionality and reverse crowding out for pollution offsets in water quality trading. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 128, 224-231.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)
- Feng, Siyi (2012-05). Three Essays On Agricultural and Forestry Offsets In Climate Change Mitigation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Colin Castillo, Sergio (2011-12). Measuring the Potential to Adopt Self Governance for the Management of a Common Pool Resource. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mamula, Aaron T. (2009-05). License Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: An Application to the Shrimp Fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Han, Man Seung (2008-05). Environmentally related water trading, transfers and environmental flows: welfare, water demand and flows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nguyen, To Ngoc (2008-05). Essays on econometric modeling of subjective perceptions of risks in environment and human health. (Doctoral Dissertation)