Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Woodward, R. T., & Tomberlin, D. (2014). Practical Precautionary Resource Management Using Robust Optimization. Environmental Management. 54(4), 828-839.
- Colin Castillo, S., & Woodward, R. T. (2014). Propuesta metodolÃ³gica para medir el potencial de autogobierno. Anlisis Econmico. XXIX(70), 57-71.
- Mezzatesta, M., Newburn, D. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2013). Additionality and the Adoption of Farm Conservation Practices. LAND ECONOMICS. 89(4), 722-742.
- Ghimire, N., & Woodward, R. T. (2013). Under- and over-use of pesticides: An international analysis. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 89, 73-81.
- Evans, D. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2013). What Can We Learn from the End of the Grand Policy Experiment? The Collapse of the National SO2 Trading Program and Implications for Tradable Permits as a Policy Instrument. ANNUAL REVIEW OF RESOURCE ECONOMICS, VOL 4. 5(1), 325-348.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. (2002). The structure and practice of water quality trading markets. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)