Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Woodward, R. T., Newburn, D. A., & Mezzatesta, M. (2016). Additionality and reverse crowding out for pollution offsets in water quality trading. ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS. 128, 224-231.
- Binder, K. E., Mjelde, J. W., & Woodward, R. T. (2016). Price interaction in state-level renewable energy credit trading programs. Electricity Journal. 29(4), 15-21.
- Huang, P., Woodward, R. T., Wilberg, M. J., & Tomberlin, D. (2015). Management Evaluation for the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Fishery: An Integrated Bioeconomic Approach. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 35(2), 216-228.
- Colin-Castillo, S., & Woodward, R. T. (2015). Measuring the potential for self-governance: an approach for the community-based management of the common-pool resources. International Journal of the Commons. 9(1), 281-305.
- Woodward, R. T., Stronza, A., Shapiro-Garza, E., & Fitzgerald, L. A. (2014). Market-based conservation: Aligning static theory with dynamic systems. NATURAL RESOURCES FORUM. 38(4), 235-247.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. (2002). The structure and practice of water quality trading markets. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)