education and training
- D.P.H. in Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2013
- M.S. in Science and Technology Journalism, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2010
- B.Pharm. in Pharmacology, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology - (Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana) 2002
- Appiah, B., Poudyal, A., Anum, D. A., Appiah, G., Wesuta, A. C., Akodwaa-Boadi, K., ... Odai, S. N. (2020). Challenges and facilitators of public engagement with water, sanitation, hygiene and other environmental health issues in Ghana and Uganda: perspectives of scientists, journalists and the public. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development. 10(1), 16-26.
- Kretchy, I. A., Koduah, A., Ohene-Agyei, T., Boima, V., & Appiah, B. (2020). The Association between Diabetes-Related Distress and Medication Adherence in Adult Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Cross-Sectional Study. JOURNAL OF DIABETES RESEARCH. 2020, 4760624-10.
- Kretchy, I. A., Boima, V., Agyabeng, K., Koduah, A., & Appiah, B. (2020). Psycho-behavioural factors associated with medication adherence among male out-patients with hypertension in a Ghanaian hospital. PLoS ONE. 15(1), e0227874-e0227874.
- Appiah, B., Poudyal, A., Burdine, J. N., Asamoah-Akuoko, L., Anum, D. A., Kretchy, I. A., ... McKyer, E. (2019). Factors that influence the intention to use mobile phone caller tunes for patient reporting of adverse drug reactions: a qualitative study. THERAPEUTIC ADVANCES IN DRUG SAFETY. 10, 204209861987119-204209861987119.
- Appiah, B., Amponsah, I. K., Poudyal, A., & Mensah, M. (2018). Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the integration of biomedical and herbal medicine units in Ghana using the WHO Health Systems Framework: a qualitative study. BMC COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. 18(1), 286.
- Burdine, J. N., Clark, H. R., Shea, L. J., Appiah, B., & Hollas, C. N. (2012). Health assessment in rural communities: a critical organizing and capacity-building tool. Crosby, R. A., Wendel, M. L., Vanderpool, R. C., & Casey, B. R. (Eds.), Rural Populations and Health Determinants, Disparities, and Solutions. (pp. 171-190). John Wiley & Sons.
- Poudyal, A., Asamoah-Akuoko, L., Anum, D. A., Kretchy, I. A., & Appiah, B. (2019). Factors That Influence the Intention to Use Mobile Phone Caller Tunes to Increase Awareness of the Need for Voluntary Blood Donation: Qualitative Study. TRANSFUSION. 59, 146A-146A.
- Appiah, B., Bates, I., Owusu-Ofori, S., & Dunn, A. (2013). Culturally relevant communication interventions to promote voluntary blood donations in Ghana: an observational, interview-based study. The Lancet. 382, 8-8.
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Department Of Public Health Studies; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266