Dr. Carpenter's Extension activities include district responsibilities in a 23 county area in the Far West Texas district where he interacts with County Extension Agents, livestock producers, and allied industry to conduct educational programs and applied research targeting range livestock (cattle, sheep, goats), horses, and ranch and natural resource management and planning. At the regional and state levels, he is active in Integrated Toxic Plant Management, the Southwest Beef Symposium, and cattle pregnancy determination and artificial insemination clinics.
- M.S. in Physiology of Reproduction, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Ph.D. in Physiology of Reproduction, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- B.S. in Animal Science and Range Science, New Mexico State University - (Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States)
- Nicholson, J., Nicholson, K. L., Frenzel, L. L., Maddock, R. J., Delmore, R. J., Lawrence, T. E., ... Savell, J. W. (2013). Survey of transportation procedures, management practices, and health assessment related to quality, quantity, and value for market beef and dairy cows and bulls. Journal of Animal Science. 91(10), 5026-5036.
- Sprott, L. R., Carpenter, B. B., Robert, B. S., Richardson, J. W., McGrann, J. M., & Bade, D. H. (1998). Characterizing profitable East Texas cow/calf operations. Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian. 20(8 PART 1),
- Sprott, L. R., Carpenter, B. B., Robert, B. S., Richardson, J. W., McGrann, J. M., & Bade, D. H. (1998). Characterizing profitable east Texas cow/calf operations. COMPENDIUM ON CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR THE PRACTICING VETERINARIAN. 20(8), S170-+.
- Carpenter, B. B., Forbes, T. D., Carpena, M., Rocha, A., Rodriguez, H., & Randel, R. D. (1994). Follicular dynamics, embryo production, and hormonal responses in Brahman heifers following sympathetic stimulation.. J Anim Sci. 72(11), 2948-2954.
- Forbes, T. D., Carpenter, B. B., Randel, R. D., & Tolleson, D. R. (1994). Effects of phenolic monoamines on release of luteinizing hormone stimulated by gonadotropin-releasing hormone and on plasma adrenocorticotropic hormone, norepinephrine, and cortisol concentrations in wethers.. J Anim Sci. 72(2), 464-469.
- Rocha, T. C., Ramirez, J., Carpenter, B. B., Howell, C., King, J., Machado, T. J., & Stanko, R. L. (2016). 073 Prostaglandin at Initiation of 7-d CO-Synch + Cidr Protocol Improves Estrus Response but Not Pregnancy Rate in a Modified Split-Time AI Program. Journal of Animal Science. 95(suppl_1), 36-36.