education and training
- Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Planning, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2004
- M.U.P. in Urban Planning, University of Kansas - (Lawrence, Kansas, United States) 2001
- J.D. in , University of Kansas - (Lawrence, Kansas, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Theatre Arts and Urban Affairs, Bradley University - (Peoria, Illinois, United States) 1996
- Jourdan, D., & Wertin, J. (2020). Intergenerational rights to a sustainable future: insights for climate justice and tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism. 28(8), 1-10.
- Van Zandt, S., Jourdan, D., Lee, C., Li, W., & Newman, G. (2020). Publishing in the Time of COVID-19. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 40(4), 370-371.
- Jourdan, D., Strauss, E., & Hunter, M. (2017). Sign Code Development Process: Best Practices. Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding. 2(1), 34-59.
- Jourdan, D. E., Ray, A. L., Thompson, E. A., & Dikeman, K. (2014). Relocating from Subsidized Housing in Florida: Are Residents Moving to Opportunity?. Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law. 22(2), 155-190.
- Jourdan, D., Van Zandt, S., & Tarlton, E. (2013). Coming home: Resident satisfaction regarding return to a revitalized HOPE VI community. Cities. 35, 439-444.
- Jamal, T., & Jourdan, D. (2009). Interdisciplinary tourism education. Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Theory and Practice. (pp. 105-123). Routledge.
- Jourdan, D. (2008). Chapter 11 Grounding theory in intergenerational citizen participation: a grounded theory approach in the context of public housing research. Qualitative Housing Analysis: An International Perspective. (pp. 249-268). Emerald (MCB UP ).
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning; 3137 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3137